Where to begin?

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

ameel

Where to begin?

Post by ameel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi guys,

I have extensive experience in vb .net and moderate experience with c# (not a big fan of c syntax). I started working with c18 for a hobby-project last week and recently learned about swordfish. where can I find a simple tutorial to get started? Like very basic (no pun intended) stuff.

Cheers

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 pm

If you're familiar with VB, then picking up on Swordfish shouldn't be a stretch. There's no beginner's tutorial, but if you read through the overview pages on the main website, that should give you a good feel.

There's a pdf Language Reference with lots of good info (on the 'Downloads' page), and a bunch of example modules provided in the compiler download and on the Wiki.

Get a copy of the free SE version and take it for a spin. It's pretty much the full version with limits on the amount of RAM available.

ameel

Post by ameel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks for that!

Is there any tutorial/sample/guide on USART? I tested a simple code, but it's not working as I would want :/

cheers

CharlieM

Post by CharlieM » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 am

Hi ameel,

If you look in my documents/Swordfish you will fine a sample folder with examples. Or you can explain what you want to do here.
Running version 2.2.4.0 ICC 1.2.1.0
Regards CharlieM