Swordfish SED 1335 Module

Coding and general discussion relating to user created compiler modules

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

JackOfVA
BETA Tester

Post by JackOfVA » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:40 pm

Steven:

The standard pinout on Crystalfontz displays has pin 19 as the wait and 20 as Display Enable. (Or did I get those reversed? I don't have the data sheet in front of me, but I know it is 19 and 20 for those functions.)

I have one display strapped for 6800 and one for 8080, so I should be able to test both modes. I will likely use a Z90 chassis for the test, which means that I can't access pins 19 and 20 as they are hard wired to ground, since those pins are unused in the C and C0 display modules. For CX module testing, I use an 18-pin header instead of a 20 pin header thereby leaving these two pins unconnected.

So, yes, as soon as you have something ready for testing, I can try it out. You can reach me via the E-mail address shown at my web site, www.cliftonlaboratories.com.

The screen artifacts are not too bad on my displays--have to look closely to see them.

Jack
Jack, Clifton VA

MattH

Post by MattH » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:45 pm

Steven,

I'm new to SF and just read your comments about writing a driver for a
S1D13700. I've been using a Crystalfontz display CFAG320240CX-TTI-T
on my bigpic4 (using the GLCD connector) and a driver for MePascal written by a user 'kkanjuh' . The driver works great w/out any artefacts.
It might help (if you're not finished yet) to take a look at his driver.
He's using the wait line or a software delay as well in his driver.
Below is the link to his site.

Matt

Here is the link:
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/Krunoslav/

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Matt,

Many thanks - it is a useful link. It's one I've seen before, but many thanks anyway. I've actually completed the library now but am waiting on the green light to post it. If you have a full copy of Swordfish, I be grateful if you could test it for me? It will require a change to one of the library files that comes with Swordfish, but I could explain this.

Regards,

Steven

MattH

Post by MattH » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi Steven,
If you have a full copy of Swordfish, I be grateful if you could test it for me?
Sure... I do have a full version and I'm more than happy to test your Module on my bigpic4, as long as I can change the I/O's.
Just sent me a 'zipped' file.

Matt

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:30 pm

OK, thanks Matt. I'll email it to you this evening. You will need to asign the databus to any single complete port, but the other pins can be assigned as needed.

Thanks,

Steven

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:44 pm

The Swordfish driver for the S1D13700 display has now been released - see http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ?p=547#547.

Regards,

Steven