LCD Menu Module

Coding and general discussion relating to user created compiler modules

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

AndyO

LCD Menu Module

Post by AndyO » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:15 pm

I've written a module for displaying a hierarchical menu system on a character LCD.

The module handles scrolling the menus and navigating up and down the menu levels. It triggers an event in the main program only when the user selects a menu item which requires an action other then opening another menu. All the menu data is stored in Const arrays so the module uses very little RAM. It works with LCD displays from 1 to many lines and has various options to control how the menus are displayed.

To accompany the module I've written a very basic VB app which allows you to design the menu structure using a tree-view and then generates all the Const array declarations for you.

I've got a ZIP file which contains the module, VB app, a sample program and some basic documentation. If anyone's interested, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you it. I haven't put it on the Wiki 'cause I can't upload files (or I haven’t figured out how to upload files…).

Cheers,

Andy.

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi Andy,

Your project sounds very interesting and I'm sure it will be of use to many. I'd personally be interested to see how you've done it for a project that I am working on using a GLCD. If I PM you my email I'd very much appreciate you sending me it.

If you want, I can also upload the files to the wiki for you and attach them to an empty wiki page for you, then you could write your own content to add to it. Let me know if you want this doing.

Cheers,

Steve