Touchscreen Controller Library

Coding and general discussion relating to user created compiler modules

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

octal

Post by octal » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Steven wrote:without re-programming (unless you write to code space).
This is what I meant, to write to Code Space using Tbl... the code may be inefficient especially with the new 18FxxJxx devices (pages with 1024 bytes) but since it's entended to be used only once (when there is really drift) I think this will not be problematic. The only problematic fact in these is that we cant (for now) have a universal module that do that because the write/read routines to code space have to change from some 18Fxxx chips to others. May be we can keep it as an option and concentrate (and join) our efforts on making a good separate module that handles writing/reading to any 18Fxxx chips code space. this module could be reused by any other module (and not only the sensitive screen module ...).

Steven wrote:If you are going to fix the values at programming,
No ... I think it's a very bad idea. Even with very high quality touch screens (like on Palm PDA) there is always drift. So I think this is a very bad Idea to fix them ... I think that even between the same kind of sensitive GLCD you'll never have two screens with the same cal const ... especially for analog ones. The only case where it can be, perhaps, acceptable to fix them as const is when we need a very low precision, for example if we devide the full screen to only 4 or 6 zones ... so that app does not need very good precision.

Regards
octal

TimB

Post by TimB » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Octal
making a good separate module that handles writing/reading to any 18Fxxx chips code space
I just today wrote a module to do the basic stuff like Read, Write, Clear etc etc in code space. I passed it onto Johnb to put some overloading in place.

Dave gave me some pointers to make it more modular as well so it will be a neat little addition.

Having crafted my code in the past to just suit the application, making it modular is difficult, I really need to try hard to get my head around it.

I really love SF so much but I'm just not witting enough of it as I want it to be perfect and portable.

O well practice I think is in order.

xor

Post by xor » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:10 am

TimB wrote:I really love SF so much but I'm just not witting enough of it as I want it to be perfect and portable.

O well practice I think is in order.
.... and for myself a certain sense of inadequacy learning how to run all over again.

ohararp

Post by ohararp » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Octal, on the 18F...J.. parts does a page length of 1024 bytes mean you can now have an array 1024 bytes long versus the current 256?
Thanks Ryan
$25 SMT Stencils!!!
www.ohararp.com/Stencils.html

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:02 pm

I may have misunderstood you - but Swordfish arrays are not limited to 256 bytes, either in ROM or RAM.

ohararp

Post by ohararp » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:42 pm

I know slightly off topic, but thanks for the clarification on that.
Thanks Ryan
$25 SMT Stencils!!!
www.ohararp.com/Stencils.html

richardb

GLCD

Post by richardb » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:13 am

Hi Steve, I also bought this exact same lcd but i'm having problems getting the correct connector. do you have a part number ?

i bought a 5426788 from rs but although its the correct pitch it seems to be too narrow tor the fpc comming from the glcd
Hmmm..

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:05 pm

I had exactly the same problem, but fixed it by cutting off a fraction of a mm from both sides of the FPC using a sharp craft knife - just make sure that the connectors than match up exactly.

Hope this helps,

Steve

richardb

Post by richardb » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 pm

ohh i was hopeing you had a better connector.

I'd had a good look at various different makes and data sheets and i found they were all 1mm smaller than the ribbob on the lcd.

i was going to have a go at trimming it up, but it wasnt a solution that i was happy with for production.

I tried to contact the manufacturer to see what they suggest but had no luck.
Hmmm..

octal

Post by octal » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:24 pm

richardb wrote: i was going to have a go at trimming it up, but it wasnt a solution that i was happy with for production.
For production, You should hire a beaver or a little mouse :o

Regards
Octal

ramadanabed

Post by ramadanabed » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:30 pm

great work steven
what microcontroller you used?

is it possible to save the drwing on the GLCD on flash or NAND memory?

regards

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm

I used an 18F4620 at 20MHz, but only because it was handy. Yes, with some work, I'm sure that you could save the image to some kind of memory. What app do you have in mind?

ramadanabed

Post by ramadanabed » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:08 am

Thanx for fast reply

i am just think if we could save the free hand drawing it well be nice and interesting

by the way i am new to micro controller , and i like the touch screen idea and i think why not try to save what we draw on the LCD so could open it later

i am thinking about using the Toshiba TH58100FT, what do you think

could you please send me the schematic you have ([email protected])

thank you Steven

falcon83

Post by falcon83 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:53 pm

hello
i'm want to use your library
with easypic4
is possible?
i must use mikroC because i have bought the license for it, is possible convert file.bas to file.c
Can sombody help me?
I have found only now swordfish!!!is fantastic the programmer and the support

thanks

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:12 pm

The library is not that complicated - if you can follow Basic and write C, it should be easy enough to convert. I myself cannot write in C, so will be of limited help. Yes, Swordfish is great!