MonochromeImageConverter

Coding and general discussion relating to user created compiler modules

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

RangerBob

MonochromeImageConverter

Post by RangerBob » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:24 am

Hello Steven,

I've been testing your excellent S1D13700 GLCD Library, and have been very impressed.

I have downloaded the 1.0.0.5 version of the Monochrome Image Converter for creating my own images, however when I extract the zip file and try to run the setup program, I get the unsigned program warning, click "run" then nothing happens. I read in the notes that it takes a while to check the installed .net components, but how long should this take?

Checking device manager shows nothing listed as "setup.exe" or anything similar. I have tried with SF running and not running. I presume it gets placed into the SF programs menu, but have checked the Windows Start menu too, nothing.

Any ideas as to what is happening?

RangerBob

Post by RangerBob » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:00 pm

Ignore the first message, I managed to manually extract the program. Seems to work great!

Please let me know if you need more information and want to look at the installation issue.

Nathan

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:37 pm

Nathan,

Good to hear that you've managed to extract it now. I wrote the app using VB 2005 Express 2005, which I like, all except for the way that it forms an installation package. It uses something called 'Click Once', which makes a simple package, but one with relatively few options. The package then installs the app in a very odd place, making it very difficult to track down if you want to change items in the installation folder, or make a shortcut to the exe file. One day soon, I'll have to explore Delphi properly the grass seems greener on that side of the fence - I've just got to force myself to re-learn Pascal..! It will be good for me.

Regards,

Steve

octal

Post by octal » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:28 pm

:o :o :o :o yeah Steven... a new developer :) welcome to the world of Delphi ;)

I developed using VB from its first release by Microsoft under Win3.0. I used all versions of VB. But when Microsoft switched to .NET I found C# really cleaner and better done than VB.NET. Even Delphi for .NET is not as cleaner as C#. So not I'm using mostly Delphi for Win32 devs and C# for .NET devs. (I have also to say that C# was so natural for me because I worked more than 3 years using JAVA for my Cie ... JAVA with Eclipse).

Click Once is really a very nice technology (introduced with .NET2) But for Electronics projects where we mostly need self contained project with only one executable, I personnaly think that Delphi (or at least C++Builder) still remain the best choice.

Regards
Octal

Moby

Post by Moby » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:05 pm

This may be a stupid question but where can I find the Monochrome Image Converter to download it?

octal

Post by octal » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:44 pm

You can find it in Swodfish wiki in the Useful Links section
http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/wiki/pmwiki ... sefulLinks

Regards
Octal

CS

Post by CS » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:03 pm

If you are interested in the older Version, then contact me via E-Mail.

Best wishes

Christian

Moby

Post by Moby » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:44 pm

Thanks Octal.

What is the difference in the old version Christian?

CS

Post by CS » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:23 pm

The older Version was not so complex (not so much functionality) like the newest one. For the thinks that I needed I was glad that Steven gave me this Version.

Thanks to him!

Best wishes

Christian