FTT with Swodfish

Coding and general discussion relating to user created compiler modules

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Coccoliso

FTT with Swodfish

Post by Coccoliso » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Hello,
first to try my hand in the translation of the Firewing FTT modules would like to know if anyone has been able to test the performance using PIC18 with a clock of 40MHz.

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Re: FTT with Swodfish

Post by Jerry Messina » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:56 pm

FTT? Do you mean the TFT lcd modules?

Before you go through the bother of porting them, couldn't you just compile them for the PIC18 using Firewing?
Since Firewing uses Swordfish to generate the PIC18 code, I'd think that'd give you a pretty good estimate as to performance.

Coccoliso

Post by Coccoliso » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Hello Jerry, yes TFT :lol:
I'd like to but I installed Firewing a month ago and I can not get to see the MCU include in Swordfish toolsuite ..
I tried everything but I could not.
When I put the Device = 18Fxxxx nothing happens :cry: and when I create the assembler gives me three errors like
"SYMBOL NOT PREVIOUSLY DEFINED" for EEPGD and EECON1.
I removed folders, examples, registry entries and reinstall everything but nothing to do.
My machine is W7 X64, I searched in Firewing forum but apparently it's just I have this problem :? .

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:49 pm

After you installed Firewing, did you follow the instructions in the wiki (http://www.firewing.info/pmwiki.php?n=F ... hToolsuite) to install the SF toolsuite?

If so, make sure you select "Swordfish" in the Compiler toolbar. Also, you have to have a device file that matches the one you want to use in the Includes directory.

For example, you need to have the file Firewing\Includes\18F26K22.bas in order to be able to say "device = 18F26K22" and have it show up under the Imports section of the Code Explorer. For the PIC18 tools, you'll also have to have a copy of the asm .inc include file (ie P18F26K22.inc) in that directory as well.

RKP

Post by RKP » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Jerry,

I seem to have the same issue that Coccoliso has, in that i cannot get Firewing to successfully compile for Swordfish.

This is an example that was used on the FW forum.

As you can see the compiler selected is SF but i receive the ASM ERRORS during compile.

Also the include file is in the correct location is it not?

I know it should be asked on the other forum and you can delete it if you want, but i would like to get this to work so i can get used to using the Firewing syntax for both PIC 18's, 24's, and also the 32's.

Thanks,
Keith
Attachments
FW_1.JPG
FW_1.JPG (174.81 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
FW_2.JPG
FW_2.JPG (190 KiB) Viewed 5627 times

Coccoliso

Post by Coccoliso » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Look, I just tried again ..
I have the toolsuite in the bar, but nothing happens even using any inc.
Attachments
xJerry.jpg
xJerry.jpg (121.11 KiB) Viewed 5627 times

Coccoliso

Post by Coccoliso » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:05 pm

I think the problem is due to the fact that I use a different location of the My Documents folder (in my case is D: \ Users \ Michele\) that is not a problem for Swordfish and its IDE, but in the case of Firewing I was not able to make find INC files at the compiler.
To be honest I have not tried to put this folder in the system PATH.

Now I have compiled but something does not convince me .. I do not think we should act in this way.
I had to copy the include in a folder "Includes" created specifically (since it did not exist) in the installation folder of Swordfish (?!?)
However, still does not work because in Firewing IDE file explorer does not come out the device included as it should.
Attachments
xJerry2.jpg
xJerry2.jpg (100.95 KiB) Viewed 5618 times

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 am

This is thread is better continued over on the Firewing forum.... http://www.firewing.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=160