USART module options

General discussion relating to the library modules supplied with the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

liak

USART module options

Post by liak » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:21 pm

Dear all,
I am having problems in sending serial data from my computer to PIC. Previously my program has no problem in sending the serial data via RS232 comm port. I used 18F1320 before this.
But lately, by using the same program and interface (swordfish) on a 18F2525, the serial data transmission stream ran into errors. I am lost in troubleshooting this. But as I look closer into the USART module, I noticed there are two options which I did not set, ie taking the default values set by the compiler.
There is this option for BRGH16 which I didn't set. I know that the 18F2525 has EUSART module. I let the option as it be, which is false. What does this option do? Can anyone explain.

:cry: Thanks

Regards,
Liak

Doj

Post by Doj » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:28 pm

liak you will find this post very usefull, look at post number 6, it has a link to Mister E picmulticalc program, it is a real must have tool and will help with many of the modules in a PIC.

http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewt ... cmulticalc

liak

Post by liak » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:39 am

Dear Doj,
Thanks for the info and link. :oops: Shame on me. Should have found the thread by the search. But I find php search very broad and not specific.
Anyway thanks. I have sort of found the root of the problem. I will put it in another thread. It's totally unrelated however to the USART transfer.
The module works again now. I am glad it does again. :P I nearly lost confidence in myself to program PIC and SF(nearly!!).

Regards,
Liak