Smallest form factor digital photo frame

General discussion relating to the library modules supplied with the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Ryan

Smallest form factor digital photo frame

Post by Ryan » Tue May 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Im looking for the smallest form factor available for a tiny color digital photo frame. I've been searching Sitronix and OSDDisplays.com and found some cool stuff I could 'frankenstein' together, but is there smaller stuff out there? I'm looking at a 96x64 OLED and a sitronix controller with a small USB port but a huge battery is needed. Any input would be helpful. Im pulling my hair out trying to find a smaller design.
Building a better Photo frame with Swordfish's help!

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 pm

WalMart has some "key chain" photo frames....I think they have a 96 x 96 color display, approximately 1" square. They cost something like $15!

From what I've seen, they are USB, but they don't behave as a standard USB memory device....they require special software to load pictures I believe.

Jon

dman776

Post by dman776 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Moderator: Can you move this to the "General" topic?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed May 21, 2008 12:02 pm

yes I know about the small ones at wal-mart and target, etc. but im looking to get smaller than that, and full-color. I've already located a 96x64 display which is less than 1" diagonal. Any help on finding smaller or micro components would be appreciated. The controller module, and the battery are big hurdles.
Building a better Photo frame with Swordfish's help!