I Just want to say, I Love Swordfish

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Jason

I Just want to say, I Love Swordfish

Post by Jason » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:14 am

Congrats and a Big thankyou to the Brain/s behind Swordfish.
I've recently got a design of mine off the ground, and with a bit of luck might make a few $$ out of it and one of the first things I intend to do when things are rolling is purchase a copy of the compiler.

The device I made uses an 18F452, basically a stepper motor being driven with a position feedback trimpot being read on an a/d converter, another a/d channel reading a throttle position sensor trimpot and its job is to track the tps and make the stepper motor turn in a direction following the tps and hold position if the tps is held in a certain position, ect ect.. and I got LCD display going, 13 leds for another visual effect and all on the free limited edition of SF.

I guess thats what I'm so happy about, that it was such a useful program, I have so many other projects in my head just busting to get out, that without SF, I probably still wouldn't have made much headway into pic programming as I found assembly a bit hard as a beginner.

I used to muck around with basic on my old commodore 64 as a kid, so this turbo charged version of basic was very easy to pick up.

A big Thanks to Gramo too for his excellent site with all the basic things that was awesome when getting started (and deeper stuff too), I think that's where I found out about SF.

OK.. (ending)David, Love the program, and I just have to know what it is excactly in your avatar, is it two guys butting heads and lightning in the middle?? Salt burn by the sea eh? Im in Australia, and I work for a company that works closely with a Company in the UK, in humnanby. Called Cirrus research. Must be Smart cookies in the UK, Actually, I just love the accent, I might have to come over there and find a nice las one day.

Ok I'm done,, CYa all.. <move this post if its not in the right category>