Online Update

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

lotus25

Post by lotus25 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 am

Hi to all..

can you tell me why i only can update one PC?

I have four... a Desktop, a NoteBook, a NetBook and my work PC.

Usually, i use to work with SwordFish the NoteBook and the NetBook. Ocasionally i use the Desktop and my Work PC.

Last months i used the PDS but recently i re-taked a project maked with Swordfish. Last weekend i downgraded the SO of the Notebook (HP/Compaq) to XP. I don't want W7.

The notebook is the updated Swordfish PC. I like dongle because i think that i am in peace with law. I think that we buy a single USB Key, not a single installation. I must tell you that dongle protection is the strongest reason because i bought Swordfish compiler.

When i tried to update the Swordfish in the netbook, the windows splashes a message telling me that i only can update a PC... the original PC.

MEEECCCC... a suggest from Mario to David... change it and let it like previous versions, only with dongle protection...

I copied the entire folder from this PC to NetBook and surprise... i have the last version on both PCs.

Can you tell me what happend if this NoteBook... the updated Swordfish PC... need a format with a new windows installation?

in order way... can you tell me why in both PCs, SwordFish compiles without dongle? I'm wondering...

David... i don't know why you are shotting to your legal customers. As many of us knows, there is a Cracked version of SwordFish running in the Inet. Because i'am legal, two yeras ago i purchased a SwordFish. Two years later, i seem like a pirate because i want to run SwordFish in two PCs.

Obviuosly my relation with SwordFish is close to end, but another question...

What is your plan about the people who wants to use SwordFish legally in two or more PCs?.

And finily David, you must keep in your mind that i am a friend, not an enemy.

Congratulations for the new update... it's amazing!!!

Mario

Pd: Because i am a polite person, i always try to write you in english... and because i'm a polite person, i always wait for a reply when i send a Email. And yes, i'm spaniard.. like Cervantes...... and F. Alonso...

by the way... i always talk about the compiler... I like very much swordfish grilled with GARLIC...

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm working on getting some more keys to you - it's a manual process so please be patient as I am very busy at the moment...

Dredd

Post by Dredd » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:41 am

Removed by the author
Last edited by Dredd on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raistlin

Post by Raistlin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:17 am

he didn't say that it was forbidden , he said he'd send you more update keys chill out.

I suspect the extra layer of protection is because of piracy

saying "I might as well use the cracked one since im not getting updates anyway." doesn't help.

Blame the pirate arseholes for the situation not david
If you can read this you are too close

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:53 am

Raistlin has it right, thanks...Honest purchases of the software have nothing to worry about at all. I'm here to help...

> I might as well use the cracked one

With an attitude like that, perhaps you would consider not posting on the forum again.

Dredd

Post by Dredd » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:02 am

David Barker wrote:Raistlin has it right, thanks...Honest purchases of the software have nothing to worry about at all. I'm here to help...

With an attitude like that, perhaps you would consider not posting on the forum again.
Ok.
Sorry about that. I didnt meant to sound that arsh. After re-readig my post, i may have posted a bit too fast. (should have re-read myself more carefully)

Obviously, since I have paid for it, i am also against those pirates. But a post in the Announcement section explaining those thing would have been nice.

That being said, ill remove my comment in my original thread and stop posting on this board as suggested.

Sorry to have offended you.

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

No problem. But don't worry about support, you will be fine...

be80be

Post by be80be » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Where the best place to buy Swordfish in the US Thanks

octal

Post by octal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 pm

be80be wrote:Where the best place to buy Swordfish in the US Thanks
http://www.circuit-ed.com/Swordfish-BASIC-C14.aspx

lotus25

Post by lotus25 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 am

David Barker wrote:I'm working on getting some more keys to you - it's a manual process so please be patient as I am very busy at the moment...
Thank you David...

Take your time... my Swordfish is updated now.

in a few weeks i'll put "SwordFish" in PC RaceSim world. I have a pretty usefull display programmed in Swordfish picbasic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Toley

Post by Toley » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Hello David, nice to see you're back on track and taking care of the compiler.

I have some questions about the online update and the licence policy. I have bought my dongle from a friend who has bought a set of 2 licences (with 2 dongles).

First I want to know if it respect the policy if 2 different person use the compiler on 2 different computer ?

I send him an email to get additionnal informations, but he don't have any serial number on cd or manual. He send me scanned copy of all the invoices and the original cd itself but no cd key. Can you tell me where the cd key is supposed to be ?

Thank you for your help and time.

Raistlin

Post by Raistlin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 pm

on mine its a sticker on the back of the cd case
If you can read this you are too close

lotus25

Post by lotus25 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 am

I want to apologize in public to David ... my first message is too hard.

in spanish we say "Entrar como un elefante en una cacharrería"

Googling i found this...

"It's like loosing a bull in a glass shop..."

Sorry David

a little offtopic...

Speaking about bulls... i'm spaniard, but i hate bullfighting and Football :wink:... "i have motor oil in my veins" :D i love car racing and my childhood heroes was Jimmy, Jackie and the more succesfully british genious: Sir Colin Chapman... my nick "lotus25"... Now i'm supporter of FA; my second favourite driver is LH

MarkW

Password

Post by MarkW » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Hello David. Good to see you back with us. Bought mine from CircuitED. Invoice number 1671 dated 20 Nov 2006. Box has a product key of "F085 8609 60R6" but the updater will not accept this as a password.
Thanks,
Mark Whatley
Complete Inc
Springdale Arkansas
[email protected]