Supported devices...

Coding and general discussion relating to the compiler

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

milom

Supported devices...

Post by milom » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Hello friends, who know me from forums proton + ... I just bought swordfish ... and I wanted to ask how I can add support for 18F24J11 before going crazy looking on the forum .. any help? thanks in advance... Milom

Raistlin

Post by Raistlin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:05 am

you will need to make and include. These are BAS files.
I'd start with a chip that's close ish and is supported then make a copy , rename it to 18F24J11.bas and change the entries to match the data sheet
If you can read this you are too close

milom

Post by milom » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:28 am

thanks for reply... i worked around the SE edition, (I waiting the compiler original) but don't load the include files Kseries, it's normal?...

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:00 am

Look under revision history on the main SF page for k-series includes. Copy these files into the include directory with the rest of them.

milom

Post by milom » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Hello Jon, thanks to you ... intervention the (SE) does not (I think) the possibility of updates and the folder "Includes" .. I myself created the folder and uploaded the files as mentioned in the forum, but the compiler does not invoke the *. inc and *. bas on devices required .. I just wanted to know if something wrong or is it just me version of swordfish to do so ...
thanks for patience..
milom

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:19 am

There is a folder with includes someplace. It may be in the programs directory under Mechanique, or for Windows Vista, in may be in a directory named "program data". My experience with Vista is that it hides things like this...grrrrr!

milom

Post by milom » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:26 am

Hello Jon .. thanks for the help ... I found the second folder ... hidden where you said .. I use Seven64. But now I have another problem ... The attached picture gives an idea of what happens launching a demo. I searched the forum, but it seems that nobody has the same error. You know you help me? thanks again ..
Milomir

PS
I bought the program ... but I realize that "maybe" is not supported properly by those who produce it ..
too many things to discover .. too many problems to solve on their own .. too many questions that is not answered.
hello ..
Image[/img]

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:57 pm

I see what's happening. The convert include loads the utils include, which has the command "SetAllDigital" which does not support the k-series.

I think there have been some posts here about how to fix the utils inlude to support the k-series. I've only just started using a k-series (1825k20) and hadn't run across this problem yet :(

gramo

Post by gramo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Find the following in utils.bas

Code: Select all

// J50 and J55 family...
  #elseif _device in (18F65J50, 18F66J50, 18F66J55, 18F67J50, 18F85J50, 18F86J50, 18F86J55, 18F87J50)
  ANCON0 = $FF
  ANCON1 = $FF
and place this text after it

Code: Select all

// PIC18F2XK20/4XK20 family
  #elseif _device in (18F25K20,18F45K20)
  ANSEL = $FF
  ANSELH = $FF
  CM1CON0.7 = 0
  CM2CON0.7 = 0
digital-diy.com - Hobby microcontroller projects and tutorials. Assembly, PICBasic and C examples.

Australian distributor for the Swordfish Compiler

milom

Post by milom » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Hello Grim, thanks to you for the help .. nothing to do, I myself did something like that to run the compiler, realizing that the problems could be like this.
I think now the problem is assembling.
The type of error indicates the compiler is in recognition of system variables. So I think now the problem is not included among, but in the sequence assembly.
As you can see I placed in the includes folder UserLibrary, and the compiler is either a copy of the definitions of the controller, is a modified copy of "utils.bas".
But something prevents it.
Of course I'll miss something, but I repeat: these are not issues that should have a simple user approaches to the compiler.
And especially the lack of proper support from those who produce it is missing this swordfish.
Thanks for help.. I really need

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 pm

The reason you can't save it is because Windows is busy trying to protect you from yourself. I had the same problem.

Find Notepad, and RIGHT CLICK on it, then select "Run as administrator". Make the addition, which is almost the last line of the file, and save it.

Thanks for figuring out the needed changes Graham.

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 pm

After doing battle with Windows Vista, I made the above changes to the utils.bas file. Once this was done, your code compiles without error for both 18F25k20 and 18F45k20.

Sorry that this takes a little effort, but Swordfish is an awesome language and I encourage you to take the effort to get past this problem.

octal

Post by octal » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Remember to update the MPASM assembler from a recent version of MPLab IDE. The version that is bundled with SF is old, really old for new devices.

I hope this helps !

milom

Post by milom » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 am

Solved! ... I had some doubts about the installation, so I installed it on my little AcerOne.
The result was a clean installation of all folders to the site where they would be. I made the following changes:
Installation of *. bas and *. inc K series in the folder "Programs> Mechanic> SwordfishSE> Includes"
I inserted the # elseif Utils.bas for modifying the "Programs> Mechanic> SwordfishSE> Library"
and you're done!.
Then there was something wrong about Seven.
I did a search on "C: \" I found an answer.
Swordfish is fragmented into three folders placed inside the operating system, one of which (in this case the one that contains all file access to the program) hidden in an absolute way if you do not run as administrator.
Going to C: \ and search it; find "C: \> ProgramData> SwordFishSE.
Anyway thanks to all ... I wrote everything for those who might have problems like me and can find the forum a more thorough as possible on what has happened to me .. and to be less "disaffected" this compiler .. which should be the summary of perfection and combines the versatility of C for its modularity and simplicity of writing Basic.
Thanks to everyone who replied to me .. You were all very helpful ...
milom