w/SE how do you set up for a project for 18F4550

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

grassmt

w/SE how do you set up for a project for 18F4550

Post by grassmt » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm used to the avr Atmega128 and avrstudio. I have an application to develop that uses a USB interface so I chose the 18F4550. I installed Swordfish SE but can't figure out how to set it up for the 18F4550. When I open SF SE, in the code explorer window "Includes is the only thing that is not grayed out. clicking "Includes" gives me one drop down "18F452". How do I set up for the 18F4550? What did I miss? :?:

rmteo

Post by rmteo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:12 pm

Open the "USBProject\Swordfish\USBProject.bas" project.

Code: Select all

// device and clock...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Device = 18F4550
Clock = 48

// 20Mhz crystal, 48Mhz internal (FS USB)
Config
   PLLDIV = 5,
   CPUDIV = OSC1_PLL2,
   USBDIV = 2,
   FOSC = HSPLL_HS,
   VREGEN = ON

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 pm

I don't believe the free Swordfish SE edition provides USB support.

I am currently working on a project with USB on a 18F2550 and it's working great! The HID interface is awesome. Plug in the hardware, start the software and it just works.

Jon

gramo

Post by gramo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Jon Chandler wrote:I don't believe the free Swordfish SE edition provides USB support.
I've tried compiling the USB examples from the full version in the SE version, and your right I believe, no support afaik
digital-diy.com - Hobby microcontroller projects and tutorials. Assembly, PICBasic and C examples.

Australian distributor for the Swordfish Compiler

rmteo

Post by rmteo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:45 pm

http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/wiki/pmwiki ... sh.Modules
USB

Human Interface Device (HID) and Communication Device Class (CDC) USB support. The HID module enables you to send and receive structured data from microcontroller to PC via a USB connection. The CDC USB module acts like a Virtual COM Port (VCP), making it easy to use RS232 through a USB connection connected to your microcontroller.

This library is not available in the Special Edition (SE) version of Swordfish.
You can setup and use a PIC18F4550 though.