Installation Conflict Between Sworfish and Proton ???

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Toley

Installation Conflict Between Sworfish and Proton ???

Post by Toley » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Hello, I just bought Swordfish from someone who have it but don't use it. It's a 100% legal version with the dongle.

Before installing it I removed SwordfishSE version, install Swordfish and all the updates.

And now it looks like there is a conflict between Sworfish and Proton IDE. Look at the pictures, some plugins installed on Proton seems to be in Swordfish, is it normal? And I don't have any include folder in the Swordfish directory!!!

I'm running Vista SP1. Thanks for any help.

Sorry I'm unable to upload images on this forum. But I can send it by email or upload them on a server.[/url]

Toley

Post by Toley » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:39 pm

It really looks like a Vista issue. I have Vista french version. I found the includes folder, it has been installed in a different folder Program data. In fact Swordfish itself has been installed on 2 different folders programmes and program data.

Is there any solution?

Doj

Post by Doj » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 pm

Well there is your answer, its French!!!

Using XP pro here and never had any issues with SF and PDS in 2 years.
We have both dongles on machines in the office without issue.
Never used Vista so can help non.

Nice to see you on this forum too, and no irritating South Africans either(and I really only mean one of them, the rest are great!)

Toley

Post by Toley » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:05 am

Hello Doj, nice to see you here also. Seems to have a lot of "Dejà Vu" buddys here!

Enjoy the good time cause one day or another, the SA guy will drop in...

I think I will love Swordfish, seems to combine the power of C with the ease of Basic. A very good mix. I was too lazy to learn it before with the Demo version, and now that I have a full version I really wanna play with it.

But it don't seems to work correctly on my Vista machine.

I'm running Vista SP1 French.

During the installation, some parts were installed in C:\Programmes\Mecanique\Swordfish\

and some other parts are in C:\ProgramData\Mecanique\Swordfish\

Also when I run Swordfish, I see some Proton Plugins like Library Manager and Proton ICD appears on the menus... Here is a snapshot.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8900/menu1ug8.jpg

Doj

Post by Doj » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:56 pm

My system has never had a plugin added so that may be where an issue lies.
How about removing all the library stuff and SF then just install SF and if its ok then put the plugins back to see what happens?

Toley

Post by Toley » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:09 pm

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it a couples of times, but always the same error. It really look like a Vista issue by looking at this topic :

http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ight=vista

I've also installed it on my laptop who is running XP pro and everything work correctly. I have contacted the guy who sell me the compiler and he sent me scaned copies of the invoices. I will send this to customer service and ask for a new Vista compatibe installation CD.

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi Toley - I have the Vista compatible version of SF and all is OK. It will still install some files in the ProgramData folder however, as this is the way that programs store data that they change to avoid UAC issues in Vista. Also good to see you on the SF forum.

Toley

Post by Toley » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Thank you for this information Steven. Is this version can be downloaded somewhere or it absolutely needs the newer CD ?

Steven
BETA Tester

Post by Steven » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:49 pm

You'll need the new CD I think.

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Swordfish is fully Vista compatible, but at the moment the PDS IDE is not (there is a BETA Vista IDE but not for release yet).

Anyway, the PDS plugin installer is also not Vista compatible (again, there is a new version which is but it's not ready for release yet). This is possibly what has happened. You might want to take a look under

c:\users\<your name>\appdata\roaming\mecanique\swordfish\plugin

and let me know what is held there.

Toley

Post by Toley » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Thank you Mr Barker for the answer. Effectively the compiler is working correctly but the IDE plugins are mixed with those of Proton, and not all of them are working.

You are also right, there's a lot of stuff in this folder!!! I have made a print screen that you can see there.

http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=appdatabq1.jpg

Do I have to delete some?

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:16 pm

The PDS stuff should not be there. You need to delete all folders that are specific to PDS...

Toley

Post by Toley » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:08 pm

Thank you David, all the "unwanted" stuff have disappear. I will remember to look in that folder if something go wrong. Thanks again.