Easypic 3 Bord und the USB key

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

speed64

Easypic 3 Bord und the USB key

Post by speed64 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Hello all,

I have a problem with the Easypic 3 Bord und the USB key.
Each hardware alone works fine, but both together send mistake-message from windows: "code is 10, the driver of easy pic 3 can' t start."
My computer has 8 x USB2 and Windows XP.
Please, could anybody help me.

octal

Post by octal » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:27 pm

I had this problem before I goes to EasyPic4 !!!!

This a normal behaviour. When you plug the EasyPic3, if you check the usb icons in the windows taskbar, you can see that the EasyPic3 eats about 95% of the USB hub bandwith.
I had the same problem with my EasyPic3, because of my USB keyboard and my mouse, the EasyPic3 was shoing the same Driver 10 error.

The solution is easy:
1- Some times, on the PC the USB connectors at the front of the PC are connected to the secondary USB hub, and the rear connector to the primary hub. Try conencting each peripheral to a different connector, mays be the UBS key to the rear with mouse and keyb and the easyPic3 to the front.
2- If it does not work (like on my PC), the only (and better) solution is to buy and add a PCI extension board with new USB hub. This adds one (on my pic board it has 2 USB hubs) more hub to your pc, you can use it specifically for EasyPic3, this has the advantage that even if you have problems with your board your motherboard is better protected.

Regards
Octal