Updated Library Explorer

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

johngb

Updated Library Explorer

Post by johngb » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:49 am

An updated version of the Library Explorer is available now in the Plugins section.

Changes include:
  • F1 access to Library Help for each library or function where available
    A filter with presets and a customisable filter
    Option to view private as well as public declarations
    Search Facility
    User definable options.
Hope you find it useful.
JohnB

iaing

Post by iaing » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Having a minor issue with Library Explorer. It seems as if LE is only registering n-1 user modules.

When I had only one module in there it wouldn't show, now I have two the first has appeared but not the second.

It compiles fine. just a 'no show' in LE.

Just checked again by adding some dummy modules and it's not n-1, it just doesn't like my EP4 board config. I must be doing something really silly...again :?

Regards,
Iain

Ok...lets try that again....but this time without the 'oops'....

johngb

Post by johngb » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:10 pm

I have a config module I wrote for EasyPIC4 - I'm guessing that is what your module is about - and it is detected and seen by Library Explorer

If you can't find the problem in your file email me your file and I will have a look.
JohnB

iaing

Post by iaing » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:22 pm

Hi John,

The problem goes somewhat deeper.

If I have a valid module in the User Library, detected by Library Explorer, and I create a new file in SF, leaving it empty (except for the comment header) then save that empty file to the User Library, it stops detecting the valid file. So in this case, 1+1=0. Very strange.....

Oh...you have to reload Library Explorer to see the change.

Regards,
Iain

johngb

Post by johngb » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:30 pm

OK I understand - I'll look into it.

Library Explorer is not Live like the Code Explorer so you will have to reload it or change the filter to get the app to refresh.
JohnB

johngb

Post by johngb » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:24 pm

I cannot repeat your problem here - I emptied my User Library of everything bar one library file, created a new file with just the default header nother else, not even the word Module and saved it in the User Library folder.

Opened up Library Explorer and looking into User.

It showed one User Library (the one I had left in there). Obviously it did not show the blank file as it was neither a module nor did it contain any Vars, Constants, Subroutines etc...

If you would like to Email me your user lib directory I will see if I can repeat it here.
JohnB

iaing

Post by iaing » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:28 pm

John, I really must apologise.

That which I could replicate with ease yesterday no longer appears to happen today and LE is performing just as it should. All I can say is 'honest...it really was happening' :oops:

Yesterday I could wipe out half the entries in the system Lib by dropping a dummy file in there, today ....'nada'.

I'll keep an eye on it for now. Does LE have any interaction with SF, would it make any difference which files were open at the time?

Regards,
Iain

johngb

Post by johngb » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:58 pm

Yes it does - its only ever been tested against the full version - I have no idea how it will operate against the LE version as I didn't think it included the API - I suggest you consider upgrading - its a superb compiler and worth every penny!
JohnB

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Just for reference, the SE version is only limited in terms of available RAM (256) - everything else should work the same...

iaing

Post by iaing » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:21 pm

johngb wrote:I suggest you consider upgrading - its a superb compiler and worth every penny!
Yes, I agree, I received my disk and dongles on Tuesday :lol:

David: many thanks for the speedy service, I ordered on Sunday and had it installed on Tuesday morning. Although I'm just a little dissapointed....the disk was at the current version so I didn't get the chance to perform an on-line update. Whatever happened to the good old days when software arrived three versions out of date and you had to immediately reinstall everything :?:
Iain

TimB

Post by TimB » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:44 pm

To save on costs CD's are copied in bulk so in most cases they are out of date for some of there life. But when the upgrade path is free then its not an issue.

iaing

Post by iaing » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:14 pm

TimB wrote:But when the upgrade path is free then its not an issue.
I agree, please excuse my sometimes 'oblique' sense of humour. :)

Regards,
Iain

Bryan

Library Explorer won't load

Post by Bryan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:40 am

Hi John, thanks for all your hard work - the library explorer has been a big help. I haven't used it for a while though and when I tried to run it today I got the following error message in a small window "List index out of bounds (2806)" When I then click on the "OK" button in this small window the Library Explorer window opens but doesn't populate with the listing of Library files. At the bottom of this window it says "Loading SDFileSystem.bas...."
I've recently updated my SF Library with Steven's latest version of the SDFileSystem.bas (Vers 4.1.4) Could this be the problem? I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Library Explorer to be sure I had the latest version of your plug in but got the same results. Any help would be appreciated
Bryan

johngb

Post by johngb » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:44 pm

I haven't looked at this application since I originally wrote it.
If people think it is useful I will have a look at the issues and update it. Since there has been very little comment on it I assumed it was of little interest to users.

The problem is probably with my parser. It is not implemented in the same way that Dave Barker;s SF implementation and to be honest I am surprised it has stood up as well as it has.
JohnB