Font converter not generating fixed width fonts

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

SteveB

Font converter not generating fixed width fonts

Post by SteveB » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:47 am

I haven't had any success getting the font converter plug-in to generate a fixed width font. Courier New, for example, still generates a variable width font. I just downloaded and installed the plug-in, so it should be the current version.

I tried changing the first bytes in the font Const listings to $81 and $41 and also changing the width bytes, but that did not work out.

Any ideas?
SteveB

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 am

The font converter plugin does not generate fixed width fonts - it only generates variable width font files. Octal was working on a promising fixed font generator plugin, more information can be found here

http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewt ... fixed+font

octal

Post by octal » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:35 am

Hi Steve,
My font creator creates fixed font with. In the Export Dialog you can choose to create a fixed font with intead of Proportional fonts with.
The plugin will be published in next 3 days (I hope to finish Undo/Redo Manager soon).

Regards.
Octal

CS

Post by CS » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi octal,

I want to ask how it goes on with the font creator?
I look forward to get the plugin because it seems to be that what I want!!!!

Greetings

Christian

octal

Post by octal » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi CS,
sorry but I have to make the full documentation and help file. I'm also debugging some stuff related to Undo/Redo manager.
First version will be released (for sure) by the end of next week, i.e. at July 1st, 2007. This version will be released as a plugin and as a standalone app.
I hope that this date is not to late. Sorry but I do not like to publish uncomplete (and unusefull) applications.

Best regards
Octal

SteveB

Post by SteveB » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:59 pm

Octal,
The fact that you have taken on this project is worthy of thanks. I know for myself that I can be patient. Just knowing your still working on it helps.

Many thanks, in advance,
Steve

CS

Post by CS » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi Octal,

the first of July is fair enought for me. It's like Steve says:
The fact that you have taken on this project is worthy of thanks....
From me also many thanks in advance

Christian

octal

Post by octal » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:27 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your support. I hope to provide a good tool. I lost some time in rewriting some parts of the GLCD Font Creator in order to be able to add a lot of stuff in the future. One of the most important functionnalities I'll add in the near future is a true GLCD visual representation in order to let users write any string at any position in the GLCD in order to see the true rendrering of the actual edited font in a real true GLCD. I also made some modification to let users create Alphanum LCD (the 8 user modifiable chars). Also is planned a true Nokia 3310 like LCD editor. The aim is to provide a true way to let users create symbols by tiling (assembling) a set of chars.
But for now, I'm working a lot on export filters to various compilers. A true Visual Export Filter Builder will be in the final version (perhaps not in the first published one).

Well, the "little" GLCD Font Creator plugin planned is growing very fast and is becoming a full app. I hope it will be usefull for users.

Best regards
Octal