Code explorer and preprocessor defines

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

octal

Post by octal » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi Johngb,
Glad to hear that :)

May be David can add a forum section named PLUGINS :) :o :o to let people post requests for plugins and vote for functionnalities they want to be available :)

Best regards
Octal

johngb

Post by johngb » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:23 pm

You will find the plugin at

http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/wiki/pmwiki ... sefulLinks

I think a separate area for plugins would be a good idea, perhaps when the API if finally published.
JohnB

TimB

Post by TimB » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:33 pm

John you know I knew about it already but I really is a great tool

Great job

johngb

Post by johngb » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:43 pm

Thanks - It would be interesting to know how many find it useful and also any feedback on improvements etc.
JohnB

octal

Post by octal » Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 am

johngb wrote:Thanks - It would be interesting to know how many find it useful ....
Hi Johngb,
Your plugin is great. Very nice. I personnaly use it because it gives me an instant visual view to the content of each module. Very nice especially for retrieving the exact syntax of some rarely used procedures or functions.

What, I think/hope, could be added to improve it (from high to low order of priority):
- A Print function that prints the currently selected tree (the sub/functions declaration have to be printed with their parameter list).
- A filter to show only Subs or Functions or Variable members.
- A search function in the currently selected module (tree) or in all modules

and finally, what could be very very nice
- Let the treeview shows all items Private and Public, and let users, using the filters, to show either Public or Private or Both !

Best regards
Octal

johngb

Post by johngb » Tue May 01, 2007 8:47 am

I have already added a filter for All, Procedures (Subs and Functions), could easily extend it to Vars, constants, types and structures. Perhaps a drop down check box would be most appropriate so users could choose any combination. Could also extend to Public/Private.

Print could be added - not done much printing with Delphi so would be an interesting learning experience.

Search - do you mean opening up the library and searching that or searching the tree for a procedure?
JohnB

octal

Post by octal » Tue May 01, 2007 9:15 am

johngb wrote: Search - do you mean opening up the library and searching that or searching the tree for a procedure?
What I mean is to search the tree for a specific procedure. May be it could be added as a "special filter" where the tree shows only the procedure that have a specific name.

Regards
Octal

johngb

Post by johngb » Tue May 01, 2007 10:06 am

I'll have a think about the search function - the problem is that there could well be duplicate returns as there are a number of examples where different libraries contain procedures with the same name.

Maybe I should just populate a list box with procedures which match the first 'n' letters entered in the search. Then double clicking on a specific entry will bring up that library in a tree.

If I implement search it will probably be under an additional tab.

On the filtering side here's my suggestion:

Option buttons for Public only or All

A Drop down list for:

<All>
Procedures only
Variables only
Constants only
Vars, Structures & Types only

Does this seem reasonable?
JohnB