Latest Update

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

johngb

Latest Update

Post by johngb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:34 pm

Just started Swordfish up and it detected new updates available
Was running Ver 2.0.0.0 - ICC 1.1.4.8

The download looked correct - all files seeming to download, after accepting to allow Update Manager to close down the IDE it restarted the IDE more or less immediately (no file copying as far as I could see)

After restart I still seem to be running the same version where as it should have been ICC 1.1.5.1 and IDE 2.0.0.2

I am running XP Home edition
JohnB

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:03 pm

Try downloading this dupMgr.dll version

http://www.mecanique.co.uk/downloads/dupMgr.zip

and put it into your main installation folder (overwriting the previous version). Then run the online updates again.

johngb

Post by johngb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Did that - also noticed that I was replacing a new file 4/03/2007 with an older file 27/2/2007

Update still did not complete. Tried not allowing Update Manager to close IDE , did a manual close, the update manager then restarted the IDE.
JohnB

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:25 pm

> Update still did not complete.

What error message did it display? What files is it telling you it will update?

johngb

Post by johngb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:40 pm

All 4 files get downloaded and unpacked according to Download Manager. (i.e. Help File, Compiler, Library Files, IDE).

There are no error messages and if you let the Download Manager close the IDE and there is no dialog saying it is updating files it goes straight to the Update Complete Message box and restarts the IDE

(Tried ringing you to take off forum but no answer)
JohnB

xor

Post by xor » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:40 pm

I had some problems at first with the updates but found that I needed to close SF when the dialog requested that choice. It reopened on it's own immediately and voila, the update was installed.

johngb

Post by johngb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:38 pm

I have been through that loop - Help About still reports the previous version.

There must be another problem - can't figure out where it unpacks the files to because if I could I should be able to copy the files across.

Certainly each downloaded file reports that it has unpacked. On previous installs, after the IDE is closed down the download manager does a whole load of copying. In my case it doesn't - it just reports update complete and restarts the IDE.

I suspect I have an incomplete final installation as I did some Beta testing for David and have always had trouble getting a successful update since the first formal release.

JohnB
JohnB

johngb

Post by johngb » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Seems like I'm stuck with a non-updating version. Really strange as the last update worked fine once I had enabled the firewall.
JohnB

kalain

Post by kalain » Thu May 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi,
The Special Edition (SE) version of Swordfish will work in exactly the same way as the full version, with the following exceptions:

*The Special Edition version will only allow you to use 200 Bytes of microcontroller RAM.
*Online updates are not supported.
Does this mean that people who want to try Sworfish SE has to do it with non latest version. (ie with probably known and solved bugs in latest release ?)
hmmm, this is your choice (you're the boss) but I won't probably look around for long time if something goes wrong. (finding some possible bugs are still possible.)

Regards

johngb

Post by johngb » Thu May 17, 2007 2:22 pm

My updating problem is nothing to do with the SE version, and is now resolved
JohnB

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Thu May 17, 2007 7:14 pm

> Does this mean that people who want to try Sworfish SE has to
> do it with non latest version

No, the SE version generally uses the same compiler and IDE versions. If you have the SE version, it's worth checking the downloads page every so often to see if there has been an update...