Compiler License question

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

blackcattech

Compiler License question

Post by blackcattech » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 am

There doesn't seem to be any clear information on this on the Mechanique website so...

Does the latest version of Swordfish allow you to install the software on more than one PC? I have both a desktop and laptop and while I do most development on the desktop it will be useful to be able to do some 'on the move'.

I thought I'd best check before trying it - I know on the old versions it was just a case of moving the dongle but now the dongle is no more I don't know what the situation is. Indeed the dual license doesn't appear to be available any more.

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:15 am

With a single license, you can install on up to three machines. Please note you will need internet access to install the compiler onto a machine (to verify your license key)

blackcattech

Post by blackcattech » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks, David. One other question, is a license 'freed up' when you uninstall from a machine, or are you limited to three installations than that is it?

I'm thinking about the future, if I upgrade my machines, whether I'll be able to transfer the license to the new machines or if I'll have to buy again.

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Post by David Barker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:31 am

Just drop me an email and I can unlock a machine for you - I will be looking to automate this in the future, so you can unlock a machine yourself...

blackcattech

Post by blackcattech » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks, good to know it is being considered. If I come to upgrade before you manage to sort out the automated version I'll drop you a line.