Library Explorer plugin still work?

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:29 pm

>>Is this the whole file?

yes

The "show in explorer mode" is nice. I think that works out better than before.
One thing, though. Once I enable that option, the Library Explorer window stays on top of other windows no matter how I have "stay on top" set (XP SP3)

I still don't see any subdirectories under either the System or User tabs, so no GLCD, Interrupt, SDMMC folders etc

johngb

Post by johngb » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:35 pm

I'll look into sub-directory issues - I thought it was only on the User Library.

The explorer has to be on top for it to work in the IDE, otherwise it would disappear every time you move focus to the IDE. You can minimise the app to the bottom of the code explorer pane by clicking on the title bar of the library explorer. You can restore it by clicking on the minimised library explorer.
JohnB

johngb

Post by johngb » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:21 am

I am getting closer to the problem with subdirectories but its an odd one.
I use the same routines to build the file lists in System as I do in User. In User everything works fine, in System, the routine cannot find any subdirectories. I am using a standard windows call FindFirst/FindNext so I am not sure what is going on. I might have a quick word with David Barker to see if he can advise.
JohnB

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Odd. On my machine subdirectories don't show up in the User library either.

Are the subdirectory folders themselves supposed to appear in the User window, or just the files inside them?

johngb

Post by johngb » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:10 pm

There are supposed to show up as folders
JohnB

johngb

Post by johngb » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I have been able to repeat the illegal library file problem. It seems I stop looking for bas files after that in the current directory. I still see all the directories below.

I will sort out a fix.
JohnB

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you for the update on the wiki, but I seem to get an error when I run the new Library Explorer.

I uninstalled the old version through SF and installed the updated version, when I run it I get an error box come up with the message "List index out of bounds (2806)" and then nothing is displayed in the User section.

Im running windows Vista.

any ideas? :roll:

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Looks like I found the file causing the problem, I had a copy of the SDFileSystem.bas in my User Library but it is a copy of the Original that comes with the compiler..

Would the size of the file have anything to do with the error??
the SDFileSystem.bas file is 203kb?.

johngb

Post by johngb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:29 pm

It does sound pretty large - my SDFileSystem is 111Kb. - However, it shouldn't cause an index out of bounds issue. It sounds like an issue with my parser. I assume removing file has resolved the problem and it is now working properly. Have you tried the show in explorer mode?

I'll pm you my email address, perhaps you could send me the offending file and I will see why its going wrong and hopefully preventing it from throwing the error.
JohnB

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:51 pm

johngb wrote:I assume removing file has resolved the problem and it is now working properly. Have you tried the show in explorer mode?
Yes removing the File has resolved the problem and is now working properly, the try in Explorer mode is a very nice addition!. :D

PM sent:

johngb

Post by johngb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 am

I have found the out of bound error and have uploaded a new version of the Library Explorer on the Wiki. Please let me know if you have any more issues with the explorer.
JohnB

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks for the fix, its all working fine now :)