IDE and Mousewheel

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

fbraun

IDE and Mousewheel

Post by fbraun » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:56 pm

Dave
Is it possible to enable the mousewheel in the SF IDE?

TimB

Post by TimB » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:53 pm

Not sure what you mean
Is it possible to enable the mousewheel in the SF IDE?
The scroll wheel works ok

fbraun

Post by fbraun » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Yes I am talking about the scroll wheel. It does not work in the IDE with Win98. Haven't tried it with XP yet.

TimB

Post by TimB » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:50 pm

The SF IDE has its roots in the Proton IDE and I could always scroll in Win98 on that.

Are you sure its not some problem with your mouse drivers. I have been unable to scroll Word in the past and that was not a Word problem.

fbraun

Post by fbraun » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Tim:
Wasn't born yesterday. Here is the situation-
1. My 2 workstations use Win98SE
2. Installed (among may other apps) are- MS Office 2002, MPLAB, MS Visual Studio (VB and VC) and SF IDE.
3. Scroll button works with MS OFFICE, MPLAB, and VS, but, DOES NOT WORK with SF IDE.

Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Fritz

fbraun

Post by fbraun » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:40 pm

Hi Tim
Forgot to add that the scroll wheel works in the "Print Preview" option of the IDE, (I can scroll up or down the previewed page). It just does not work in the IDE's code entry area.

Hope this helps sort my problem out.

Thanks
Fritz

johngb

Post by johngb » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:26 pm

I had an issue like that with my Proton IDE and resolved it by updating the mouse driver
JohnB

fbraun

Post by fbraun » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:57 am

I don't understand why you guys keep trying to blame the mouse driver (although it is the latest version). Does it make sense that Visual Studio, MPLAB, Office and all of my other applications work EXCEPT for the SF IDE?

Sounds like we should be looking for an IDE fix.

CS

Post by CS » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:12 am

Hi fbraun,

please don't missunderstand me, but my installed mouse works also ok so it is curious that, at this moment, you are the only one who has problems with the mouse wheel in SF. I have to addmit, that it is also curious that all the other software works well!?

If I where you, I would cry, but I don't think that this is a problem of SF.

Reguards

CS

xor

Post by xor » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:33 am

Sometimes my scroll doesn't work until I click on the text part of the window....basically select the textbox or the window....then all is well.

fbraun

Post by fbraun » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:18 pm

Hi CS and XOR

Are you guys running 98 or XP? My workstations run 98SE.

XOR I'd already tried clicking on the text window before scrolling. The interesting thing is that the scroll works perfectly well on the Print Preview screens but, again, as I'd mentioned before it refuses to work in the code input area of the IDE while working perfectly well with ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS.

I maintain that this has nothing to do "with the mouse driver"

octal

Post by octal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:15 pm

A lot of users complain about Mouse Scroll Wheel under Win98Se a specially with Logitech drivers.
If you have such mouse or driver try to switch to use Microsoft Windows Drivers. In Control panel, try to see if your mouse is not recognized as Logitech and force it to Microsoft ... This will solve the problem.
If you do not want that, just download a new (or older) vversion of the driver of your mouse from manufacturer site.

Hope it will help :?
Best regards
octal

fbraun

Post by fbraun » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:56 pm

Octal

The mouse in both workstations uses the MIcrosoft Driver

fbraun

Post by fbraun » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:19 pm

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help resolve my scroll wheel problem. The problem was resolved by uninstalling the microsoft driver and installing the Belkin driver.

What threw me off track here , and why I found it hard to head in the "driver" direction as suggested by many in this forum, was the fact that the SF IDE was the only app where the mouse wheel was not functioning. My other apps including 2 other IDE's worked OK with the MS driver. Now scrolling still functions in all the apps, including the SF IDE.

In any case, I think that this is one of those times when we end up trying all possible options (uninstalling and re-installing the mouse driver). Did that as a last resort and found that it was the solution.

Thanks again.

octal

Post by octal » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:42 pm

May be You could have solved it quickly if you used a mouse that do not relay on MS mouse drivers ... may be by using a home made mouse, using a PIC18Fxx50 ... programmed in SWFBasic ... using USB Port :o programmed with the Full version of SWFBasic of course ... the SE version do not manage USB :wink: