Online Updates... option is greyed is greyed out

Discuss the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

garryp4

Online Updates... option is greyed is greyed out

Post by garryp4 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 am

I remember reading that one needs Administrator access to do an online update. I just verified I have full administrator access on my PC at work but the option is greyed out. I can't log on as Administrator but have full privileges. Any ideas?

Thanks

CharlieM

Post by CharlieM » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:49 am

Goto View/editor options. Then select the Online updates tab. see what is selected? Try either "Manual" or "Lan or broadban connection".
Running version 2.2.4.0 ICC 1.2.1.0
Regards CharlieM

garryp4

Post by garryp4 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks for the reply CharlieM. I guess I should have mentioned that I already tried both these options. I use Swordfish on 4 different computers, 2 at home with a 'home' dongle, and 2 away with a 'backpack' dongle. I have done updates for the last few years as they became available. The PC giving me grief is at my job with an I.T. dept. I do not have an Administrators password but do have full privileges. On my PC at home I had to log in as Administrator to do the update even though my normal login had the same privileges. I am pretty sure this is not a Swordfish problem but an 'over zealous' I.T. crew.

Garry

RKP

Post by RKP » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Garry,

I think you need to be a registered user to get the latest round of updates for Swordfish (2.2.0.4).

To register look at this link http://www.sfcompiler.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1322

For the work PC adminstator problem, maybe you can PM David and he suggest a solution.

Keith