Hi and stuff

Discuss PIC and electronic related things

Moderators: David Barker, Jerry Messina

Little_Ghost

Hi and stuff

Post by Little_Ghost » Tue May 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi all

I used SF a very very very long time ago, only briefly however. Now i run and teach an after school club for youngsters in a school (primary school ages 8-12), I do one or two days a week at the moment but take up has been great, we now have20 odd kids regularly turn up.

First a confession, we have been using a 32 bit ARM chip from silicon labs and a C compiler. But having dusted off my trusty old junebug, we have decided to build a proto type board built around the original junebug.

I know its based on the PK2, but its good enough and I have plenty of older pic 18's the kids can have. If the initial test works out ok then we will buy 30 licenses for the school and each kid can have a board to take home, they will have to use the full compiler at school however.

The main issue is going to be me! I need to get upto speed on swordfish basic, being old, cranky, bad eyes, bad temper and worn out. This might not be easy :D.

Eventual idea is build custom modules for the boards and courses i run.

David Barker
Swordfish Developer

Re: Hi and stuff

Post by David Barker » Tue May 08, 2018 6:44 pm

There is plenty of life in PIC18's! I use them day to day commercially.

Hopefully we can help...

Jerry Messina
Swordfish Developer

Post by Jerry Messina » Tue May 08, 2018 6:57 pm

Glad to see you made it!

Little_Ghost

Post by Little_Ghost » Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

David to the rescue via email got me running :D, reading the docs at the moment. I like it so far and should be taking it for a spin tomorrow.

Jon Chandler

Post by Jon Chandler » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Little_Ghost wrote:
The main issue is going to be me! I need to get upto speed on swordfish basic, being old, cranky, bad eyes, bad temper and worn out. This might not be easy :D.
Not so old! Sometimes a touch cranky, usually with good reason ;)
Jon

Check out the TAP-28 PIC Application board at http://www.clever4hire.com/throwawaypic/