The article and tutorial section gives a more detailed description of tips and techniques when using the Swordfish compiler.
- Programming the PIC18F25K22 Oscillator with Swordfish. Written by Ralph S Bacon (aka Aresby). For beginners it's tricky getting to grips with correct oscillator / clock settings for the 18F25K22. This helps absolute beginners get things running.
- Using Dropbox with Swordfish. Written by Ralph S Bacon (aka Aresby). The Userlibrary in Swordfish can't be moved which is an issue when using Dropbox to share or backup your code. This shows you how to do it.
- Creating Device Files for Swordfish. Written by David Barker. This article shows you how to download and use software that will automatically create device files for Swordfish.
- Using Swordfish with MPLAB. Written by David Barker. This article shows you how to install the Swordfish compiler into MPLAB.
- Using ICD with MPLAB. Written by David Barker. This article explains how to use In Circuit Debugging (ICD) using MPLAB.
- Using ISIS with Swordfish. An article describing how to use Labcenter Electronics ISIS simulator with Swordfish. Written by David Barker.
- Compiler Comparison. Written by David Barker. This article compares Swordfish ROM and RAM usage, together with program execution speed, against a number of BASIC and C compilers.
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS). Written by Jack Smith. A DDS generates its output by computing the value of the desired sine wave (or other waveform, as DDS is not limited to sinusoidal waveforms) at specific time intervals and then sending the value to a digital-to-analog converter.
- Manually Setting a OneWire (OW) Device ID with Swordfish. Written by David Barker. This small article shows how to connect to one or more OW devices, using a DS18B20 temperature device as an example.
- Using PWM with Swordfish. Written by David Barker. This article shows you how to configure the PICs hardware for fixed and variable frequency PWM.
- Swordfish Intermediate Debug File (SIDF). Written by David Barker.
- SFR Bitnames. Explains how to create and use SFR bitnames. For example, TMR0IE. Written by David Barker.
- Using an Internal Oscillator. What to do when using an internal oscillator with Swordfish. Written by David Barker.
- Multi Dimensional Arrays. How to declare arrays of more than one dimension. Written by David Barker.
- PIC 18F Interrupts in Swordfish. Some observations and tips on using PIC 18F interrupts in Swordfish. Written by RadioT.
- Library Reference. A PDF version of the Library Reference. Compiled by Rmteo.
- Firewing Loader - Installing the Firewing development board loader for use with Swordfish. Written by David Barker.
- Config Settings Generator Utility for Swordfish. Utility program to aid in setting Config fuses. Written by Jerry Messina.